OLG Engineering are currently hiring a Civil & Structural Design Engineer.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop engineering solutions for a variety of Civil and Structural Infrastructure, including Oil, Gas, Petrochemical and Power sectors
- Design & Analysis calculations to Eurocodes for both superstructure and foundations
- Prepare reports, design sketches and layouts
- Structural Inspections
- Develop Basis of Design & BOMs at FEED stages.
- Utilise CAD for design intent sketch production
- Drive constructability reviews, IDCs and ensure the design risk registers and schedules are up to date
- Site Survey’s – ability to undertake detailed site surveys of existing works.
- Liaise with clients, project, and construction managers
- Work within a multi-discipline engineering team producing integrated engineering solutions simultaneously
- Supervise designers
- Act as a lead engineer with client interface in single discipline projects
- Tekla Building Designer
- Tekla Tedds
- Understanding of CDM regulations
Other Advantageous Abilities
- Understanding of drainage design
- Familiarity with federated models such as Navisworks
- Understanding of pricing construction for FEED, using norms and vendors
- Ability to undertake Principal Designer role
Qualifications and Certifications
- BEng (Hons) in civil or structural engineering minimum
- Preferably be Chartered with IStructE or ICE or working towards it
Pay and Benefits
- 40 hours per week
- Hybrid working after 3 months
- 25+8 bank holidays
- Salary negotiable
- Based at Immingham
Established in 1982 in Immingham as an Engineering Consultancy to the local petrochemical refineries we now provide engineering consultancy, design, fabrication, project management and recruitment services to the oil and gas, nuclear, renewables, biochemical and food industries nationwide.